This week we began working on our next big design project. We started designing a direct mailer for the University of Oklahoma. We learned about the different types of stakeholders, as well as completed a segmenting stakeholders matrix. That was one of the harder things for me especially the sections under understanding stakeholders. I eventually figured it out and filled it out, but I still feel like I may have a couple things flip flopped on different segments. For our direct mailer, we had to identify our first stakeholder that we were designing our first direct mailer for. I meshed together some of the things my friends told me about when they were choosing to come to OU and came up with a stakeholder I feel relates to many students. I really wanted to emphasize the community we have here at OU. I didn’t know how to use photoshop at first, but I really enjoyed using it and getting more comfortable with it! I really like the direction my direct mailer is going right now, but there are still some changes that could be made to make it better. I also will add a letter under “the University of Oklahoma” on the back for my final copy. So far I am pretty proud of myself for being able to do this much without having any former knowledge of photoshop. I can’t wait to keep working on this project and to start the second direct mailer!
Here is my rough draft so far